We hope you have a scarily, faBOOlous Halloween!
Full Terms and Conditions
1. This Promotion is only open to legal residents of the United Kingdom aged 16 years or over, excluding anyone professionally associated with this Promotion. Entrants under the age of 18 may require the consent of a parent or guardian to accept a Prize.
2. Internet access and a working email address are required.
3. Promotion Period: Participate between 00.01 BST on the 15th October 2018 and 23.59 GMT on 2nd December 2018. Within the Promotion Period, there will be seven Weekly Draw Periods. Following each Weekly Draw Period there will be a prize draw. The Weekly Draw Periods run as follows:
Weekly Draw Period:
Opening Date & Time
Closing Date & Time
00.01 BST 15th October 2018
23.59 BST 21st October 2018
00.00 BST 22nd October 2018
23.59 BST 28th October 2018
00.00 GMT 29th October 2018
23.59 GMT 4th November 2018
00.00 GMT 5th November 2018
23.59 GMT 11th November 2018
00.00 GMT 12th November 2018
23.59 GMT 18th November 2018
00.00 GMT 19th November 2018
23.59 GMT 25th November 2018
00.00 GMT 26th November 2018
23.59 GMT 2nd December 2018
4. To Enter: Choose to receive an e-receipt during any valid exchange transaction in a CeX store for automatic entry into the relevant weekly prize draw and the overall prize draw for the Grand Prize. Multiple entries per person are permitted during the Promotion Period.
A valid exchange transaction is one where the entrant trades in anything that CeX accept as trade in. The trade in must be for cash or an exchange voucher.
a. Weekly Prize: 1 x £250 per week (7 weeks in total).
b. Grand Prize: 1 x £10,000.
6. Winner Selection: Following each Weekly Period one winner will be selected from all entries made during the relevant Weekly Period to receive a Weekly Prize. Following the close of the Promotion Period one winner will be selected from all entries made during all Weekly Periods to receive the Grand Prize. The weekly prize draws will be conducted by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service within five working days of the end of each relevant Weekly Period, and within five working days of the end of the Promotion Period for the overall prize draw.
7. Winner Notification: The winners will be contacted by the email address used to receive their e-receipt within four working days after Winner Selection and will need to respond within 14 days of the first contact received to confirm eligibility, acceptance of the Prize and to provide bank details in order to receive their Prize. In the event that a winner does not respond to the initial contact within 14 days, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner. If a winner is disqualified, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to a reserve winner selected in the same manner. Reserve winners may have less time to respond.
8. Prizes will be distributed within 28 days of the winner accepting the Prize.
9. The winners agree to allow the Promoter to use their name, and county of residence to announce the winners of the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to publish the name and county of residence of the winners.
10. The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable. If for any reason a Prize is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize for it, in its sole discretion, of equal or higher value.
11. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries.
12. The Promoter may refuse to award a Prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of an entrant's fraud, dishonesty or non-entitlement under these Terms and Conditions.
13. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
14. All entries must be made directly by the person entering the Promotion. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted.
15. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations.
16. The full name and county of the winners will be available by sending a self-addressed envelope to CeX, 32-38 Scrutton Street, London, EC2A 4RQ after the 2nd February 2019 for 8 weeks.
18. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
19. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Promoter: C.e.X. Ltd, Sterling House, Fulbourne Road, E17 4EE, London.